This is a slacker post. I am up to my ears in the hoopla with a couple of photo shoots, working on Art In Bloom, getting ready for the PRC House Tour, so it's just a show and tell kind of post today.
Like all of you, I collect images that catch my attention, sometimes me likeee, sometimes not.
So let's play together: Your thoughts please...
1. Antler sconces. I love these, even though the antler thing keeps getting played. I confess, I have antlers in my home.
2. Wall of taxidermy! I have grown accustomed to the taxidermy trend in decor, but man this is alot of head. It is a hunter's home I suspect, but no me likee so many. Actually it's a historical home HERE
3. Dem bones. I collect and use "curiosities" in my decor. I have life size skeleton charts, sea shells, specimen bugs, coral, tortoise shells, etc. This is amazing. It's from the same house as the wall o' animal heads.
4. Orange. I predict some shade of orange will be the 2012 color of the year.
5. Stripe stair runner. LOVE! Mainly because it's black and white and wiggles.
6. Big clocks. Have one. Still love it, even though they sell them in Wal Mart, Steinmart, and at the corner store. Love the low hang too.
7. Circle headboard. Looks like chair cushions stuck to the wall. LOVE. And these monograms are refreshing. Every Southern gal in these parts loves to monogram everything. I didn't get it for a long time, but I must confess I have some monograms in my house now too. I guess after eleven years of living here, something rubbed off on this damn Yankee.
So there you have the Your Thoughts Please Weekend Round Up. So? Your thoughts?
PS The April mags coming through the mail slot - so far, Elle Decor is good this month. Veranda is still finding it's pace, but still worthwhile. House Beautiful is good. Online, Lonny was pretty good too. Town and Country is really sad. Stephen lost interest for his last issue. Southern Living is consistent, best for the food features.
And Happy Weekend!