Saturday, February 28, 2009

A Perfect Gem - A Story Told With Vignettes

No words need tell this lovely story...

Just look at the thoughful vignettes artful and expert and fresh...

"Fortitude" is the name of the statue


The paper was made by DeGournay, Ltd., and is based on the 1941 book, "The Story of the Mississippi", by Marshall McClintock with illustrations by C.H. DeWitt.

The picture of the vulture cracks me up


The beautiful front hall


This lovely house is right around the corner from where we lived when we first came to New Orleans nine years ago, and I know the exterior very well.

And now we all get to peek inside this 1830 gem.

You know I have a thing for daybeds


No granite need apply

Classic courtyard

Carnival mask, old silver and porcelain, feathers, and books
How sublime!



A canon ball


No Drab Age here!
Love the color of this chair seat


St. Joseph

I have the matching Mary!
Really! These are my girls



Ginger and bougainvillea grow like weeds here





The proud co-owner on his balcony
No it's not Eddie Ross
It's interior designer Thomas Jayne
who shares this lovely pied-a-terre with Rick Ellis

6 comments:

Linda Merrill said...

Love these sneak peaks! The Ginger and bougainvillea arrangement is gorgeous - that vase!

Callie Grayson said...

beautiful post! and I mean BEAUTIFUL.
I need to get to New Orleans sometime in my life. your post always inspire me and make me want to visit!!!

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I came to your blog via Ewa's interview with you. Your artistry oozes off the pages here. It is a delight to find your blog.

cotedetexas said...

LOVE this - what a fabulous townhouse - only in New Orleans!!!

Seraph + Splendor said...

Beautiful! What lovely vignettes (especially the birds nests...) Thanks for posting!

S+S

pve design said...

You sure know how to tickle me pink. I love that pied-a-terre and all the character. The green shutters are like lucky shamrocks.
pve