Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Michael Smith: I would love to redecorate the White House-I am sick of the paint color!


From Yahoo News HERE:
As Barack Obama winds down his Cabinet nominations, Michelle Obama has tapped her first staff member, decorator to the stars Michael Smith. The Los Angeles-based designer, who has worked in the homes of Steven Spielberg, Cindy Crawford and Rupert Murdoch, will now set his sights on the private quarters of the executive mansion. Funny thing is, it seems Smith has had his eyes on the White House for quite some time. He told decorating magazine Domino in April of 2008: "I would love to redecorate the White House — I am sick of the paint color!"

Hooray! What a great designer to choose. You can go to his web site HERE and drool over the beautiful images.
I chose these images from a selection on his web site called Eaton Square Townhouse, because they look like something he might do for The White House.
Colorful, elegant, a relaxed formality that would be perfect for the Obamas while giving The White House a fresh infusion of style.
Michael has had his design firm since 1990, and does a furniture line for Jasper Furniture.
He has two terrific books out HERE and HERE, and he is a favorite among bloginistas, design editors, and as I am sure he is with his zillions of happy clients.
Not since Jackie redecorating has there been so much anticipation!

5 comments:

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

I look forward to seeing what he will do!!

Callie Grayson said...

I can't wait either! This is so exciting; great designer, wonderful and elegant client.

Red River Interiors,LLC said...

So Mr.Smith is going to Washington after all...I think this will prove to be a great selection for the new first family. I don't except to see any stuffiness in their personal quarters...Can't wait...Fay

Country French Antiques said...

Ahh. anticipation. I just hope it doesn't resemble the red dress she wore at the nomination ceremony.
Think her dress choice for the inauguration will give us a clue?

Visual Vamp said...

Shawn,
You are so right about that dress! I know she was trying to be fashion forward, but it looked like road kill on the TV screen. I'm looking forward to her inauguration dress for sure!
xo xo