Wednesday, December 23, 2009

How Much Furniture Can You Get In Here?

Bedrooms small or large are bursting. We love to make them multi task and multi function.
Once upon a time a double bed, or s set of twin beds and a night table or two, and maybe a dresser would be the extent of furnishing a bedroom. And the words Master Bedroom where not bandied about. There were children's bedrooms, and the parent's bedroom.

Now bedrooms have dressing rooms, sitting areas, and work areas.
I rather like the desk at the end of the bed idea in lieu of the bench.


But I wonder if I would really like to sit at a desk with a view of crumpled sheets.


Look at all the good stuff in this bedroom!

If the only two people left on the bloggy planet haven't seen the above, check out how masterfully Joni Webb fills a small bedroom with big girl furniture and style.
Go HERE

Joni is blessed with a healthy budget. I know alot of people would LOVE a bedroom like this. Do any of you clever decor bloggers wish to take the challenge and replicate this on a budget? I've done a quick addition of the items shown, and come up with well over $7000. in merchandise, not to mention the cost of people making slipcovers, altering luxury bedding, and making draperies. Don't think I'm telling you anything Joni hasn't, because as usual her post is chock full of sources. She always shares!
If so please post it your ideas and budget, or if you don't have a blog, I'll post it for you.

The top two photos are interiors by Steven Gambrel.
The other one is a stock shot from Google Images.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

hee - I voted for you too (before I read you didn't want us to vote for you ;-)

I think my quote was "I'd follow the Vamp anywhere!"

Visual Vamp said...

Aw shucks! It's so funny isn't? Five chances to vote for everyone we know!!!! Thanks for giving me one of your five!
Merry Christmas!
PS I don't have a chance ha ha, so I cast my votes for you and Jenny (and Joni and Brooke and gwd who is such a lovable loser ha ha). As far as I'm concerned all decor bloggers deserve a prize!
xo xo

Southern Aspirations said...

Love the look at bedrooms. It is funny how a room for "sleep" has become so much more.

Interesting how quickly the costs can add up, too. :-)

MFAMB said...

you know i adore steven gambrel but i think the desk at the end of the bad is just not a great idea. unless you have no where else to put it. and i mean, who am i to argue with how great it LOOKS...no..i just think like you said a view of the bed while i am working would just make me sleepy and a view of work while i am trying to sleep would just make me think of the millions of things i need to get done.
joni's room is pretty and i could do it for a lot less. will get to work on it after i go wrap 7,000 presents. merry happy everything val!

Kwana said...

What a good post. Love Joni. I'm trying to figure how to fit a desk in my bedroom now. If I don't get a chance to say it, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Renae Moore said...

I don't want my desk that I work at in my bedroom! I might have one just for "show" !
I do adore the room Joni did and knew it was way out of my budget. Hmmmm, it might be fun to try to do this room on a budget.
xo

Jaime Rogers said...

Well, I love the desk at the end of the bed in theory and when pressed for space. Val, if you were at your desk looking at a bed of rumpled sheets...hopefully you would be wearing a grin and perhaps little else;)

Happy holidays!
Jaime

MaryBeth said...

I have always wanted the desk as a nightstand. I think that looks great but have never done it. I LOVE the Cote de Texas room. I can't wait to see if somebody can pull this look off on a budget. I would kill to have this as my master let alone my daughter's soon to be old room. MB

La Petite Gallery said...

I had a French desk in the bedroom and used it like a
makeup table.
It's different now, I share it with my dog!
He has everything the way he likes it Takes 3/4 of my queen size bed.
I like most of what you have shown. Maybe later down the road
I'll redo the room.

cotedetexas said...

ouch. hehe
i wish.

sanjeet said...

Love the look at bedrooms. It is funny how a room for "sleep" has become so much more.


Work from home India

Mar gar et said...

I'd love to see a photo of the room on a normal day! I'm wondering of the santos is sporting a thong on her head!