Thursday, December 3, 2009

A Mini Tablescape Thursday


Please go to Dwell Studio HERE

Leave a comment, which counts as a vote for Visual Vamp Valorie.

You have until midnight Thursday.

Thanks!

This is my mini Tablescape Thursday. I pulled this together very quickly for a modern Thanksgiving table setting. I used a pillow sham with that great orange print (from Dwell Studio) as a kind of giant table mat. The china has a different animal on each plate: rabbit, a boar, a monkey, a dog. The flatware is Edwardian silver plate. The glasses are from the the 1940's.
The antler is new, and the little sheep are new too. The napkins are brown linen. A bouquet of real turkey feathers are in a pottery vase with a modern design on it. A peacock feather was tucked into each person's napkin.
I mixed eras, combining vintage, antique, and contemporary things, which I think is very modern.

This is my last hurrah for getting comments. The link was broken yesterday, so if you had trouble, please try to vote again. I'm depending on all you avid tablescapers out there to pull my standing up.

As ever please for more fabulous table settings go to Between Naps On The Porch.

3 comments:

Amy said...

I love the peacock feathers tucked in there! My kids would be petting the feathers all the time. "Eat your damn dinner and quit touching those feathers!" Hee...

Marigene said...

Very nice...love the antler.

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Very creative! I like the choice of unusual things you've brought to the table.