Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I'm A Perch Addict

Every time someone comes over, and I take them for a walk in my neighborhood, I always steer them into a fabulous store, and one of my favorites, Perch, on Magazine Street.The other day I spied this clever version of a Victorian balloon back chair. Mr. Mayberry, the lovely manager told me it made their upholsterer go a little crazy.
Is it is amazing that Perch took something that looks like this, and updated it in such a beautiful and fresh way.
Here's another version of an updated Victorian chair by Dondoli and Pocci called Victor-Victoria, and you can get it HERE
Also at Perch, this wonderful fantasy canopy bed. And don't you just love all the things piled on and around it? I hope you can visit Perch, and maybe even take a walk with me in my neighborhood, and maybe stop for lunch at Commander's Palace and have 25 cents Martinis.

2 comments:

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

Wow! That would be like sleeping outside under the trees. What a cool idea. -Julia

Visual Vamp said...

It is a great bed isn't it? Now how can we re-create it with some branches dragged in from the yard...