Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Veranda In The Pink


The current April 2008 issue of Veranda has got me wanting to do something pink. Remember the movie Funny Face with Audrey Hepburn and Fred Astaire, she was a bookworm, he was a fashion photographer wanting to turn her into a model. There's a scene in the office of the fashion mag, with the fashion editor screaming at everyone to "THINK PINK!" Looking for other inspiration photos, I found mostly baby rooms, kids rooms, tween rooms and teen rooms. There were one or two hideous kitchens and bathrooms. Most people choose god awful shades of pink paint. Either too cloying or too garish. But when someone gets it right like this cover (and the inside spread) of Veranda, you can see how great a public room space, uh, that would be something other than a bedroom, can look. I just love it!

1 comment:

mrsben said...

PINK ROOMS..eeks! With the exception of a child's room, as an adult I cannot see myself looking at a 'pink' environment, day in and day out. It must be a psychological thing with me...smiles. Though I consider myself a positive individual it wud be like "looking at life through only rose-colored glasses".