Monday, July 21, 2008

Happy Birthday To Me!

I love to celebrate birthdays - yours, mine, every one's! My birthday celebration can last nearly a month! What can I tell you? We're just party people! This year's celebration started with three very good friends (and professional colleagues from my past working life) coming to New Orleans from New York to be presenters and speakers at a crazy fab event called Tales Of The Cocktail, a master minded convention of people who love to drink!

The Fab Three!
Marcy Blum - premier event designer; entertainment expert; brand developer
Maria McBride, editor at BRIDES Magazine; life style book author; event designer
Sylvia Weinstock - legendary wedding cake artist to the stars
They said they really came to New Orleans to celebrate my birthday!
Sorry for the blurry shot - this was taken at the
crazy opening night party for Tales Of The Cocktail
I think I had my camera on the wrong setting -
the room was packed with
1000 people
sampling about 1000 different cocktails

being poured by the best mixologists worldwide!


We had dinner at John Besh's
fabulous Restaurant August
and ended the night at The Spotted Cat
listening to The Jazz Vipers



Maria gave me her great new book
Party Basics For New Nesters,
and John Besh gave us all a copy of a book too! (Military High Life)
The flowers and wine are from tango students
Vicky and Steve who brought it when they came for their lesson


The party continues on another night,
with a tango dance party at The Country Club

This is me with our friend Aaron -
we share the same birthday and have
celebrated together for the past eight years!


More loot piled on the kitchen table
after the tango dance party!
Tonight dinner with the hubs;
tomorrow about 20 of us go out to celebrate
with a traditional New Orleans birthday lunch date!
Wish you could join us!!!
Life is great - go out and celebrate!

10 comments:

cotedetexas said...

Wow I'm very impressed - Sylvia W. - whoa - big time!

Dianne said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!! Love your blog.

The Peak of Chic said...

Happy Birthday!!! It sounds like you're having a great one. I've had New Orleans on the mind lately after reading Julia Reed's two new books :)

Visual Vamp said...

Julia is a national treasure for sure! Come and visit New Orleans soon! And thanks for the b'day wishes too!

Sneaky Chic said...

Happy Birthday to my favorite blogger!!! I will have a cocktail in your honor tonight to celebrate!

You look fabulous!!!

Fifi Flowers said...

Happy Birthday! Thanks for stopping by! Had I known it was your birthday... I may have painted a cake!

Visual Vamp said...

Fifi and Sneaky - Thanks girls for the b'day wishes! Cocktails and painted cakes and a comment on her blog - what more could a girl want! xo xo

Joanna Goddard said...

happy birthday!!! xo

mrsben said...

A HAPPY BELATED B/DAY TO YOU!!!

(New Orleans is definitely on my future itinerary.)

Visual Vamp said...

Mrs. B, just say the word, and my house is your house! There is no such thing as belated birthday wishes! Everyday I wake alive and healthy is a birth day LOL! So thank you! And thanks Joanna for your shout out too!