Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Pottery Barn Ooh La La Chairs



First let me tell you I do not work for PB. In fact I am the first to point a bitchy finger at a cookie cutter interior that looks like it came out of the pages of the PB catalog. Recently I bought a couple of lampshades online from PB, so now they send me the catalogs, which are like some kind of irresistible candy.
I am a chair junkie. It is the easiest piece of furniture to acquire. I love chairs from all eras.
My holy grail has always been the perfect dining room chair. My present DR chairs are antique Isabelina salon chairs from Spain, which are in sore need of repair and re-upholstery. I've had them for 20 years, and cannot find anything I like better.
Still I love to look at (and buy) chairs. I keep them for awhile, until the house starts to look like a chair museum of 19th and 20th century chairs, and finally clear them out on eBay.
PBteen is a furniture line, for kids, with eye popping colors. I never had furniture like this when I was a kid, so maybe that's it's appeal to me now as an alleged adult.
This PBteen chair is a classic French style armchair. It is well priced and off the peg. The arm chair comes with a blue frame and white cushions, OR an antique white frame as shown on the swivel chair, with pink, green or blue cushions.
The arm chairs would be swell dining chairs, and the swivel chairs would be kooky chairs for a poker table.
Armchair $269.
Swivel chair $299.
at pbteen.com

3 comments:

h. m. settoon said...

Hi vv. Just found your blog and love it. If you like chairs, have you tried the hotel liquidators store at Tulane Ave. and Carrollton Ave. It's hit or miss, but sometimes they do have some cool vintage stuff. They always have french style armchairs in need of some desperate rehab.

Visual Vamp said...

Oh yes indeed, I do know that place. When I first moved to NOLA I got a desk from there. The place has alot of frenchy stuff, but I think the prices are high for what they have, and what you have to do to make it look good. Thanks for reading, and thanks for the heads-up! Hope to run into you sometime :-)

Anonymous said...

I've had a chair fetish since I was a teenager. I totally relate to the "chair museum" thing. As for the posted PB chairs, I love the armchair with the WOOD painted a color and the upholstery white. It's usually the other way around.