Tuesday, March 4, 2008

The Williams Way, and also Ralph Lauren


The Williams Way:
"Portraits are often under priced. The quality of the painting matters more than the fact that its subject isn’t a relative".
This is a tip given by Bunny Williams when shopping for taste.
Years ago Ralph Lauren accessorized his rooms with "family" portraits bought off the peg.
I loved it, as it gave one a sense of history, albeit a borrowed one.
I too have acquired a portrait or two to add a dash of tasty quality to my little manse.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think a collection of painted portraits made of of unknowns is a wonderful idea. Lots more interest and whimsy that way. I like the addition of animals with collars and ties too. The more the merrier. Besides, how many of us have a collection of family portraits?