Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Geezerettes I Love - Send Me Your Favorite Ones Too!

"I know I look a liitle different, and to be honest, it's nice to be noticed."



Patricia Fields at Sex In The City opening in London

I'm starting a new feature spot: Geezerettes I Love.
It will be a regular addition, as I find images I want to share.
When I was younger, the geezerette I most loved was my grandmother on my mother's side. She was actually the first person of style I met. She wore red lipstick, and loved navy blue dresses with white polka dots. Her home was furnished with color and unique things (at least to a 3 - 17 year old girl, the age I spent the most time with her). I have patterened my whole life on her look and her home and her loving ways.
As a young reader and old movie lover, I was fascinated with the phrase "a woman of a certain age".
I love the images of French ladies of a certain age, Colette, Edith Piaf, Jean Moreau...
I also love Giulietta Masina from Italy. In the USA I love Lucy, Audrey, Yoko, Jamie Lee, Bette D., Bette M., Maya, and my dear friend Miss Anne. I'm sure more will come to my mind as I do this feature.
I always look to what has come before me as a role model, as a blueprint for what's in store for me sooner than later.
Many interesting and arty geezerettes past and present seem to love having red hair. Barbara Walters blond is just too tame. Red screams "I'm still here - look at me!"

Please send me a photo of your favorite Geezerette, dead or alive, and I will be so happy to post it! Thanks! visualvamp1@yahoo.com

Note: The top photo is of Suzanne Golden, artist

No comments: