Sunday, May 18, 2008

Here's Where To Get A Blue And White Dhurrie/Dhurry Rug

The blue and white stripe dhurrie rug is not that easy to find. This Summer favorite (and year round classic) has been popular long before it got famous in the lovely East Hampton house that starred along with Diane Keaton and Jack Nicholson in "Somethings Gotta Give". This rug has been favored among visual vamps for a long time. I saw my first one many years ago, in a Brooklyn Heights apartment that overlooked the waterfront. The apartment belonged to a stylist by the name of Jacques, and I had never seen the mix of antiques (which included a French settee that ignited a life long love affair and quest to have one of my own), modern art, and the blue and white stripe dhurrie rug used to such a comfortable and spectacular conclusion. I have always looked for this rug, at a a realistic price. I am surprised that it has never been knocked off cheaply by someplace like Target.



Aspen Carpet Design is the place girls! You can order on line the 8 X 10 size for $480. HERE

Or the 6 x 9 size for$324, (includes shipping!) HERE They are getting a shipment in June, but you can pre-order now with a 50% deposit.
They also have a Slightly Dirty sale section of rugs (I love that name!), with discounts from $60. - $100. off the regular price HERE


This is close up swatch of the rugs


Thanks to Cote de Texas HERE for the great photo of the Irving's NYC apartment showing the most wonderful use of the blue and white dhurrie rug.

2 comments:

cotedetexas said...

I'm tempted! So tempted!!!! hmmmm? should I??????

Visual Vamp said...

OMG I went to the on line check-out, to the Slightly Dirty sale - they only have one dark blue and white 8 x 10 left, for $360. with FREE shipping! But I chickened out at the last second - we need so many other things that are ahead of the line...it's haunting me though...