Friday, May 16, 2008

More Desks To Look At



I found a few more photos of desks and work spaces to inspire you. I'm still waiting for a picture of your desk, if you please. Maybe nobody is working out there! Or maybe you don't have space, and you are using your kitchen table. That's cool, I'd still love to see and share a photo.
This is a nifty space, tucked into a closet. That is, if you have a a closet to spare. It looks like the old tried and true file cabinets with a piece of wood on top to make a desk. You could use a one of those pre (and pretty) fab floating shelves now sold in every big box store. The pink boxes, and matching trash can make it look designed. Nice lamp too. You can do this!

This is a pretty interesting mid century last century campaign desk. It looks like a huge metal suitcase a rock band roadie could schlep a couple of guitars in. I love the colors, but I don't know what the hell the tall white alien shape thing is. A lamp? A hat rack? An imaginary assistant?

This is kind of classic and trad in a way. The chunky Parsons style legs on the wood table used as a desk are pretty fab. And the rolling metal cook's shelves are wonderful used this way. You see, this could be your kitchen table tricked out as your desk!

This is from a very, very old magazine. That funny looking lap top is a typewriter. The red object behind it is a telephone, it's form came long before the cell phone. But please note the use of all the same accent color, in this case the red, and how nice it looks. This little nook could be in your kitchen, in a closet, or any small space, and presto, you have not only a desk, but a little office.

Now send me some photos please!
visualvamp1@yahoo.com

5 comments:

Sneaky Chic said...

I am working on decorating/organizing the office too, but as soon as I am done I will send you a pic. :)

And thank you so much for the multitude of great ideas for my other room. I wish you were here too!!! You are AWESOME!

h. m. settoon said...

I don't know how to post pictures to your blog, put I just put pictures of my office at my blog, white paint and optimism at blogspot. I want you to know I've really enjoyed your blog, and you are the one who inspired me to start one. thanks.

Visual Vamp said...

Hi DJ, I am so happy you started a blog! I'll take a look! To have a picture posted here, just e-mail me at visualvamp1@yahoo.com and just attach the photo (s) - i'll do the rest...

Visual Vamp said...

http://whitepaintandoptimism.blogsot.com/
Is this the correct link? I can't find you :-(

h. m. settoon said...

i titled it (but only because all my other ideas were already taken..the bastards), but I keep reversing it. It's optimismandwhitepaint.blogspot.com based on the elsie de wolfe quote, "I believe in plenty of optimism and white paint."

Thanks